Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Disneyland!!!

What an appropriate picture to start this post!  Space Mountain... I still think it's the best ride in D-land.  I just love the pictures they take during the ride.  Poor Johnny looks like he has arthritic joint deformation in his hands, and my fingers look freakishly long.  We look like we took the handicap line.  What I don't understand is how these people (like the girl behind Johnny) can smile and look totally normal, like they're not plummeting into the dark abyss.

Here we are waiting in line for Pirates.  It was actually our first ride.  This was before we almost melted away in the heat... it was hot!  I like Tim's face behind my head.
Me and Johnny
Last D-land trip pose was with the pirates hat (see older posts).  Next time might be mickey ears or something.  Oooh, I liked the backpacks people were wearing that looked like Yoda riding on your back... kinda creepy, but amusing!  Maybe it will be that next time.  Another option is Chewey riding on your back... but I don't like that one as much.  It's not really realistic... Chewey is like 8 feet tall!
I didn't get to spend much time with the kids because Johnny and I were park hopping between D-land and California Adventure... but I wish I could have been there to see their faces during the fireworks show.  These pictures will have to do: )  Hilarious!



HIGHLIGHTS:

Soaring over California:  One of the coolest rides ever!  They spritz orange blossom and pine tree scents as you're flying over orange trees and pine trees.

Screamin' California:  The beginning is the best... you start by counting down from 5 and take off super fast on a straight track and shoot upward.

Tower of Terror:  It's super fun.  I was screaming my head off... free falling is the craziest rush!

All the other rides were a blast of course, but these were my favorites!

6 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

Yeah! More pictures! I am so glad you had so much fun even without us and the kids. :) You always have good pictures. I swear, Connie has the best skin. I love how her face looks in that picture...beautiful! Of course you know you are beautiful too! Thanks for coming to dinner lastnight. I always love when you come over. See you Saturday??

CHRISTINE said...

I'm still laughing at that picture of Wyatt...

Tiffany*Adam*Jocelyn*Parker said...

Hey Carrie! It looks like you guys had so much fun in CA. Hope you are doing well. Love the pics!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

hey..its Meredith
Ok I HAD to comment..we were talking in Hawaii about hooking you with Johnny...and it looks like it worked huh!!! Whos idea was that??

congrats, I dont know him now, but back in the day he was a great guy! So Im sure he still is! Tell him I said Hi!

Chris and Tenielle said...

Ummm... who's Johnny?! Does this mean that I can't hook you up with any of our cute single guy friends?
Oh yes, and you look like you had a fabulous time. I agree with you, Soaring over California is a truly awesome ride!

Tim and Connie said...

Love the pictures. They all are funny! I laughed really hard about your guys hands! And Abbey's eye... and Wyatt's mouth...