Saturday, September 8, 2007

CENTRAL PARK

It was neat to see Central Park. I've seen tons of movies and read lots of books with Central Park in them... but seeing it personally was really cool. I didn't realize how BIG it is. We saw less that 1/2 of it, I think. It was really pretty; Green grass and trees and pretty flowers. An oasis in the heart of the city. It was cool to see out the airplane window... a huge rectangle of green smack dab in the middle of a sea of gray. I think if I lived in NYC I would jog there, and take a lot of walks too. We might have been there when Brad and Angelina took their kids to Central Park to ride on the famous carousel.

Cameron and Jenny look like they have been superimposed in that picture, huh?
This bridge has been in a couple of movies. It's been in Uptown Girls and Keeping the Faith... I think.We took a ride on the "Handsome Cab". It was pretty hot and humid that day, so the horses really smelled horrid! Too bad I could smell that day! Our Cabbie was Irish... I liked his accent. He was kind of rude though.

By the looks of it... Cameron looks like he couldn't smell. Poor Cam!


Central Park was one of the highlights of the trip (everything was a highlight!). We didn't get to see Strawberry Fields (is that what it's called?) where John Lennon lived and was shot. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

CHRISTINE said...

Wow! Your pictures really capture the beauty of Central Park. :) Fun!