Friday, January 18, 2008

YO HO!





I think one of my favorite rides is Pirates of the Caribbean... and if anyone hasn't gone since they re-opened the ride~ you're missing out! It has Captain Barbosa, and of course Captain Jack Sparrow in the ride! Jack Sparrow was very life like... it was like Johnny Depp was right there, I almost could touch him :)


Another favorite ride, actually...my very favorite ride, is Space Mountain! We went on it 3 times! Everyone had to have the chance to ride in the front at least once! The ride is NOT as fun unless you are in the very front seat! Believe me on this!

First of all, during the ride... bits of wet stuff hits your face if you are not sitting in the front. I don't know what it is... but it's disgusting! Once something went in my mouth! Secondly, if you aren't sitting in the front, you have peoples heads and arms obstructing your sight. The whole point of the ride is to see the stars whizzing around! Third, when you are sitting in front, it is much much faster and thrilling. And fourth, when you are sitting in front, it's like you are flying:) It is the best because you have a full view of all the stars, AND, bonus: it is extra thrilling when you think your head is going to hit into the gleaming track in the darkness!!

I am not sitting in the front, therefore I do not look very thrilled:)



I was very disappointed to see that The Haunted Mansion was shut down temporarily:( But, there's always Indiana Jones! We went on that one twice. Indy was also very life like... which I enjoy very much!

Michelle (nail tech), Christina, Nikki, Juanita, and Carrie!



In case all of you are wondering... how did they ride on so many rides twice, even three times? Well, it's because we went through the handicap lines... which is much, much better than the fast pass. Much quicker. Christina has knee problems, so she had a motorized cart! She could take up to 6 people with her. I am now officially spoiled. People gave us the evil eye all the time... but it was worth it! We didn't even have to wait in line for more than 10 minutes!





The only downfall to Disneyland is that I am such an old lady now... my feet hurt a little, and I got hungry and grumpy:) So mental note for next time... wear more comfortable tennies, and bring more snacks! FYI: The clam chowder bread bowl in the New Orleans district is not up to par anymore! Instead, go to Bengal BBQ right across from Indiana Jones... YUM! Oh, and don't waste your time on the Small World ride... it is sooooo boring! And we had to wait even in the handicap line for at least 30 min!


I LOVE DISNEYLAND!

3 comments:

The Garrido's said...

Carrie! It looks like you had a blast. We are going to go in May, so your Pictures got me and the kids all excited to be able to go again!

Tiffany*Adam*Jocelyn*Parker said...

Hey Carrie! This is Tiffany Lee. I came across your blog somehow but I'm glad I did! Looks like you've been having fun. Disneyland looked like a blast. Adam and I will be going this November and can't wait! Hope all is well with you and your family. Keep in touch. Here's our blog. tiffanyandadamlee.blogspot.com

Tim and Connie said...

YO HO indeed! I wish I could have gone! I love to go on the rides with you, and only you. It will be fun to take Abbey, even if she can only ride the little rides. Maybe I can fake a injury to get in the handicap line?