Monday, May 19, 2008

Mom's Kapalua


Mom under a plumeria tree at Kapalua in 2005

Greetings from Maui!

So yesterday we spent most of the day at the Kapalua grounds. Kapalua is where I stayed the first time I ever came to Maui with Cam and Jen and my mom and dad. I think it is the prettiest in Maui. It has beautiful exotic pine trees called "Captain Cook pines"... they aren't like normal pine trees. Kapalua has a cove beach that we hung out at yesterday. We snorkeled in the turquoise ocean and relaxed on our rented lawn chairs under the shade of our rented umbrellas. I'm reading Stephanie Meyers new book "The Host"... it's pretty good... but not as good as her others (so far). We are all getting very golden... and a little red (some of us ; ).


When our belly's rumbled with hunger, Cam and Jen and I hopped in our Jeep and drove to Kapalua's Honolua store. It's a cute little store with a little coffee shop (the iced latte with coconut syrup is to die for), and a deli and gift shop/convenient store. We ordered sandwiches and ate outside under the shade of a huge tree that would never grow in AZ (like most of the exotic plants here). I got the BLT: ) I will be back to get it again next time we go to Kapalua beach!


After we ate, we drove to where we stayed with my mom and dad years ago. We stopped where my mom loved to come to and enjoy the view. It is so beautiful... pictures don't do it justice! Kapalua reminds us of mom. I'm so glad I got to experience Maui with her. Every flower I see reminds me of her... that's pretty much every second of every day! : ) What a great vacation.


I'm in love with Maui!!

2 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

Makes me sad seeing her in that picture...I MISS HER! Sounds like you're enjoying everything rather than feeling sad, though, so that makes me happy! Carrie, it is beautiful! I truly wish I could be there to do all of that with you guys! No fair.

Tim and Connie said...

I couldn't leave a comment last night because it made me cry... I MISS HER TOO! It really makes me sad that I didn't get to go with her and you guys! I'm glad you all can remember her favorite things in Hawaii because I want to see them when I finally make it there. I'm glad you all are enjoying the beauty.