Thursday, May 22, 2008

Don't Worry, Be Happy




Wow... my how the days go by! It almost isn't fair. Yesterday was our last full day in Maui. Although we don't leave until 10 pm (I think), today is still a little tainted because it's our last day here! When will be my next trip? Two years, like last time? More? Less? A girl could go crazy wondering. I will be back... this I know for sure.


Not much has happened... just a whole lotta sun, shopping, and good food: ) That's what I call a vacation! Actually, I lied. Something did happen... but we'll have to wait until Jenny posts it on her blog. It's hilarious! Sarah, Derek, Shane, and Meredith Tuesday night to go back home. It's been just me, Cam and Jenny. We switched where we are staying. Instead of the 3 bedroom Papakea condo, we are now in the Maui Sheraton at Black Rock (it's on Kaanapali beach!). Mom would've loved it here... the room has an ocean view. I could see her sitting on the balcony with her half smile and her chin raised up looking out at the ocean. It was her "relaxed" and "this is livin' it" look.


So, our resort has such a cool pool! Instead of renting a cabana on the beach, we stay on the grounds on the lounge chairs on the grass. We choose chairs at the edge of the pool and just a stones throw from the beach. How relaxing! Waiters walk around routinely to ask us if they could get us drinks. Virgin Pina Colada's for me, please. Thank you. : )


Yesterday was pretty hot. All three of us got sun burned... even Jenny, who according to her, never gets burned! Our favorite thing to say here is, "But I put sunscreen on!" It must have came off with our sweat. Cameron says today will have to be a 50 and sit in the shade day... meaning 50 SPF. I finished my book, so I will have to get another one in the Borders at Whalers Village... that's what I'll do today. I don't want to go!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I have a sneaking suspicion what the funny thing is but I will wait to see the pictures on the blog!
Cameron...wear your new hijacked speedo on the plane!

CHRISTINE said...

Oh boo hoo! Just kidding. I know it's hard to leave vacation. Does anyone look forward to "normal" life...ever? Actually, sometimes it's nice getting back to your own bed. Beauuutiful pictures! I love it in Hawaii and I haven't even been there. We are back from CA, so I am looking forward to hearing about the trip soon! Love you. PS. I can just picture Mom's relaxed look. :)

Tim and Connie said...

I WANT TO GO. I need to experience that feeling before I die! Plus the coconut ice cream sounds so good!

Cameron and Jenny said...

Carrie...I miss Hawaii already! :( And I miss you!...How do we spend 24 hours a day together for a week and then never see each other again after that?!...You never write, you never call, etc. LOL.

BTW - I don't usually get sun-burned! That's not a lie! :)

Tiffany Hartman said...

Hey, girlfriend!

Thanks for all of your help with my blog! Now I can be cool like you!! :)

Let's go to dinner soon. The "mother ship" (Fashion Square Mall) is calling, too!

T