Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pride and Prejudice



Pride and Prejudice has got to be one of my favorite movies... so I decided to read the Jane Austen book. I bought the book many, many months ago and read a few chapters here and there... but never really got into it. If anyone has read it, they would know it's kind of difficult to read! Especially if you get the annotated version (it takes twice as long to read with all the interesting facts and definitions). But, I must say to all who tries... Don't give up! The book consists of 3 volumes. The first volume is the hardest to read. The second and third are the best! I can't put it down now! It's so good! It is so much better than the movie as far as reading Elizabeth's thoughts (as well as Mr. Darcy's)... It is twice as enjoyable to picture them in my head when I'm reading. And I know it's nerdy, but I listen to the movie soundtrack on my ipod when I'm reading... It adds to the emotion: )


This is how I get my kicks since I lack any kind of romance in my life!! Now I need to get another romantic book to read before August (when Breaking Dawn comes out) because I'm almost done! Any suggestions? Jenny recommended Something Borrowed in Hawaii... I really liked it. I'm open for everyones ideas... keep in mind I like my books a tad steamy; ) Hehehe.

7 comments:

Tim and Connie said...

You didn't tell me that you listened to the soundtrack while you read! Thats a good idea. Let me know what you end up reading, because I always read it after you do.

Darbi & Chris said...

Okay, way off subject, but I would like to know what base/foundation/concealer you recommend. Give me the goods. I'm hurtin here. As I age, I seem to get away with the "natuaral" look less and less. Anything you can tell me will be helpful. Love ya.

Tim and Connie said...

By the way... Liz On Top Of The World gives me the same feeling!! I'm sitting here listening to it like a fool!

CHRISTINE said...

I'm like Connie, I don't have many suggestions...I get em all from you. I am reading The Work and The Glory right now, but I think you and everyone else has already read those. Anyway, hope you enjoyed P &P lastnight! Love you.

CHRISTINE said...

Hey,we should be private now. What email do you want me to use? Love you.

Tiffany Hartman said...

Carrie what the heck? You are seriously so creative. I'll probably NEVER change my blog page (mostly because I'll forget how by the time I'm ready to!). Thanks for shopping tonight. I had a really nice time!

Sarah said...

I love your new blog background!! Pre-order breaking dawn from barnes and nobel and then we can go to the new book release party and get our books!! I just read a thousand splendid suns. Good but sad....