Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Day

Whew... I tell you what... this year has flown by!  I must say, this Christmas was pretty nice.  Being the first Christmas without Mom I just had to make some minor adjustments:  Don't think about anything, don't really listen to Christmas music,  and get through it day by day, hour by hour.  I was kind of a scrooge this year, and I'm glad Christmas is finally OVER!!  I can't wait till the new year... 2008 was the year of coping and being in survival mode.  Hopefully 2009 will be the year of healing and peace... is it too much to ask for joy too?  I might be pressing my luck!

Now, I know you will be cross at me, Christine, for posting this particular picture... you do look crazy though, and that's what I was going for!!
Here we are... the jolliest bunch of a-holes this side of the nuthouse...
It was fun watching Abbey and Mike open their presents Christmas morning... and then later on in the day, watching Luke and Wyatt play with their toys.
I know what you're thinking... no, we didn't plan everyone wearing blue!  But we all looked dang good!
Do you notice anything strange about Christine?  She looks like an amputee!!  A beautiful one legged woman...
Our gracious hosts once again... I don't think you look like winos in this one, although Jared might be mad at me for posting this one?
This picture is hilarious... Mike's eyes look a little freaky because I did the red eye reduction... but his face is perfect for his outfit.
I'm glad Dad could eat breakfast with us and spend some time before he left for work... love you Dad.  Here he is with Stella.

I couldn't resist busting some 80's moves with Christine's new quilted vest and my Lionel shirt...

Cameron and Stellas
Tim and Mike... thanks for the delish Christmas dinner Connie and Tim!  It was fun watching Dan In Real Life too!!
Till next year...

3 comments:

Tiffany Hartman said...

Carrie,

Thank you so much for the facial and the vegetarian cookbook! Your gift was very tailored to me- you are always fabulous at personalizing things. It definitely gave me a warm friend fuzzy!

Well, the WORST part is over with. There are going to be some relapses and hard moments but you've made it through the big stuff. I think I still have an extra "bottle-o-sanity" in my medicine cabinet if you need a boost! (Just kidding!)

I hope to see you again before I leave but I'll be back next month!

Keep that gorgeous face to the sunshine!

Tim and Connie said...

Sister dear how you make me laugh! I love to read your view on family gatherings. Well, I would agree with you... on to the new year! I think it will be a healing year, at least I hope so!

CHRISTINE said...

Ha! Did you post the wrong picture?? I don't think that was the worst of them...We had a good time, didn't we? Christmas was kind of a blur for me...I can't believe it's over and a part of me is relieved too. On to 2009!! I love you and hope you have a good day off. Call me if you don't have anything to do!