Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Con Bon

This blog is dedicated to "the middle one" Connie. My older sister Connie is such a good friend and sister... not to mention mom and wife. I think I would be going crazy if I didn't have her to talk to. She is so good about listening, and she gives great advice. I hope I help her out as much as she helps me out. I have a feeling I don't : ( Some one recently asked me if I'm going to therapy for all that I'm going through. I told them I don't need therapy... I have my family. Thank you Connie, for being such a good example, for showing me what I could have, and for being my "Doctor Leo Marvin". Now, don't worry Christine and Cameron. Your post is coming soon!
I know I always post old pictures, but I just love them. It reminds me that I've had a good life. No matter what I'm going through, I still have my family. I'm so glad they are so near to me too. Some of these pictures have great stories. Here they are.

Connie calls this one "The Quasimodo".


We look like little munchkins. I think I look like a Whoville child in The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.


Connie has always hated roller coasters. She doesn't like the feeling in her stomach it gives her. However, the last few times we've gone to Disney Land... she has been on every single ride with me. In the front row (the best seat) I might add! Granted, Disney Land rides aren't that scary... but I'm proud of her nevertheless. It looks like we're on a Disney Land ride in this one. Love the geometric shapes.


This was Christmas at Grandpa Polley's house in California. This one was particularly fun. Uncle Mike was handing out our presents. We just look like we're thinking "just give us the presents already!" That was the year he gave us all the Disney Land tickets. I miss Uncle Mike. I think that was the year we got the Singalodian too. Grandpa would hog it, and made the microphone smell like boos.


Ha, ha! Christine had put makeup on us and fixed our hair. She posed us in this position... and even set up the gym bag, windbreaker jacket, and water bottle. We have a few more pictures like this with different clothes and props... but this one is my favorite.


Oh, the pontoon boat trip! We all had kind of a bad attitude, especially Cameron, in the beginning... but it ended up being one of the best family vacations we ever had. I think I had just started shaving my legs, which explains that cut on my shin. I think that's the last time I've been camping. Does it count that we were on a boat?

2 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

I love it! The pictures you post are seriously the best. I'm jealous you have access to all of those pictures and I don't! Yes, Connie is such a wonderful sister and friend, I have to agree. I am so glad she lives here in Mesa now. I LOVE YOU CONNIE!

Tim and Connie said...

Carrie, I loved your post and not because it was about me... I loved that every picture has the both of us in it! That was the way it always was, two peas in a pod! I'm glad we are that way again since your divorce (don't ever get married and live with me forever!). What great memories...