Friday, July 6, 2007

The Hairy Hippie, The Sleeping Giant, and The Little Creaker


THE HAIRY HIPPIE
A Hippie fresh from living in the Colorado mountains for a year just happened to come to Arizona on her way to Tahoe California. She was going to meet her boyfriend there, and wanted to get waxed. She hadn't shaved for over a year! She was actually really nice. She had pretty red hair. I said to her "You have pretty hair color", and she asked "on my head?"! Are you kidding me?!? She told me she made her own hair dye from nature. Nut shells, paprika, etc. The room smelled like Patchouli oil hours after she left. Why me?

THE SLEEPING GIANT
A nice lady came in today to get a facial. She's never had one before. Now, she didn't seem very big talking to her before the facial... but once she was lying on the facial bed in front of me, she looked giantess! I must have had my stool lower than usual. While I was giving the facial, this woman fell asleep (it's because I'm so good!). I'm use to this, some people snore, and sometimes I chuckle to myself because they do funny things. But this was different. She was breathing super hard... like she was mad. This was during the exfoliation part of the facial, and sometimes I feel like it is annoying because I am trying to get all of the product off their face while slothing off dead skin. I was actually really worried that she was going to pound me in the face with her giant fist at any moment! She never did... in fact, she loved the facial.
THE LITTLE CREAKER
We've been having problems with crickets at the spa. Exterminators are spraying all the time it seems, but they never seem to go away completely. I've noticed them in different parts of the salon and spa, but never in my room. I do hear one of them in my room, but it is quite soothing... especially with the music, which actually has crickets chirping in the songs occasionally. Giving a facial today, all of a sudden, and big bug hops on my clients bare arm. It scares me for a second because it's dark in there... lit only by candles and the red glow of the ceiling lights (I'm in the "Crimson" room). It took me a second to realize it was a cricket, and not a spider! The woman didn't move, so I tried to brush it off her with out her knowing. Finally it jumped off her arm onto the ground, disappearing. I was sure she felt it jump off, and she did. She didn't seem too worried about it when I told her there was a cricket on her arm. I was worried though. I don't like bugs... and this one was huge! I could hear it jumping around, knocking into the wicker chair in the corner of the room. I kept my straining eye out for it. Then, turning around to get a steaming towel from the towel cabby, I see it by my foot! Am I quick enough to squish it? Ccccrrrruuuunnnnccchhhh!!

2 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

Wow! Interesting things happen to you, that's for sure! I love your stories and love you too.

Tim and Connie said...

Carrie, I laughed reading this just as much as when you told me in person the other day! You are a funny girl. I love spa stories... I had a few of my own back in the day. People will do the funniest things when they are relaxing or nervous!