Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!


I don't know about you... but I'm proud to be an American today. For at least I know I'm free. And I especially would like to thank the men who died, who gave that right to me. And I'll gladly stand up, next to you... and defender her still today. Cause their ain't no doubt I love this land. God Bless the USA!


That song actually makes me very emotional when I hear it. It's the song that was playing in that huge hangar when us kids hugged Dad when he got home from being away for several months. Was a band playing it? I remember waiting for the big airplane with all the soldiers on it to arrive. Then, when they were getting off the plane, Christine kept thinking she saw Dad and ran up to strange men in uniform!

I really am proud to be an American. Especially since Dad served in the Army. I remember moving here, and in first period in school, standing up and saying the pledge before class started. I was so shocked to see some kids not even stand up to say it. They would just slouch in their chair. Some kids would barely mumble the words too... but at least they would stand. I would always stand up strait and say the words loudly and with purpose. Kids in my class probably thought I was the biggest nerd... but I didn't care. I say it with pride.


Last year I was in Maui celebrating the 4th. They sold fireworks there (boring ones) at Starr Mart, and we bought lots of them. We ended up giving a lot away because we couldn't set them all off. Lahaina had a little firework show that we watched too. That was a good 4th of July. My favorite 4th was when we went to Heber to watch the firework show the year before Maui, and I was with Mom, Dad, Connie, and Tim. Heber always has such a good show. I'm not sure what we'll do today... maybe just stay inside where it's nice and cool and play games? It's suppose to be 117 today! Right now we are watching Nacho Libre.


Dad, wish you were here! And of course, Mom too.

3 comments:

Tim and Connie said...

Happy Fourth! This fourth was a little different seeing that we didn't have mom or dad to spend it with. I am glad that we got to have fun together (even though it started out rocky). What would I do with out my sister Carrie?

Cameron and Jenny Webb said...

Carrie, that was fun when Dad came home from Saudi. I will never forget Grandpa Webb's screeching hearing aide, from all the noise. The band did play that song, but Lee Greenwood himself was there singing! I am glad you said the words loud and clear. America is the BEST. I get so mad at people who think otherwise, especially if they are American. Once at ASU, I may or may not have screamed at a girl from Romania who was bashing the USA. I told her if she doesn't like it here, she can go back home...I'm all fired up now. Anyways, Im glad you came to the Francom's. I love you.

CHRISTINE said...

I love the last picture of you and Mom and Dad!